Sunday 11 March 2012

Stale train lager

Sitting in the aisle inbetween carriages on a train back to Bristol. Not travelling in the style I'd like to for the price of £33. It's overcrowded and there are no real seats anywhere. There's me and 5 others sharing the area between the carriages, and no-one seems delighted about it. Nonetheless, I'm embracing it.

My legs are stretched out, and an empty beer can has rolled next to my knee. For all I know I'm getting covered in stale Carling, but somehow I think it befits the style I'm travelling in. Consequently I've been too nonchalant to kick it away, although the past 5 minutes have been spent deciding whether to or not.

It's dull, its Sunday evening, and the sense that it's all too close to Monday morning is the over-riding emotion in the air. I feel I can smell it, and its oddly similar to the sickly smell of stale Carling soaking into my jeans.... knew I should have kicked it away earlier, probably no point now.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment